Monday, March 27, 2006

It's

It's Spring! I know you all have heard alot about seeding, and your like "is this for real?" Well, I'm here to tell you it is . . . napa cabbage is the big green leafy thing, onions tall and thin and everything else the little buds. All of this taking place in the Intervale Greenhouse. Where you might remember (from posts down below) that I saw someone starting shallots by seed, I ended up talking with Thomas later that day, and he said "It works," - you get one shallot per a seed, as opposed to eight per a bulb, I think. It's much more economical, the seeds being as small and as cheap as they are, the bulbs are what you would eat as shallots, so obviously a bit more expensive.

As you can see, Rachel and I have filled one table, about thirty six trays, and have started our second, which we might come close to filling up by the end of the week: that's when tomatoes, lettuce, eggplant, peppers, etc, etc , start to get seeded, in what is for us, still a pretty condensed schedule. . . . Oh I just remembered I am also here to order row cover from AM Leonard, so more later, especially about potential savings.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!
The seedlings are so impressive!
Thanks for the pictures.

5:12 PM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home