Sunday, October 07, 2012

Week 19

A great week, by my estimation

butternut squash
cabbage
garlic
potatoes
jerusalem artichoke
beets
cilantro, dill, or parsley

most of those are familiar to all except one, it's like the Sesame Street song, "which one of these is not like the other . . . " 

It's Jerusalem Artichoke.  An unusual vegetable that is actually in the sunflower family, and has a nice little flower but the part we eat is the tuber that grows below.  One obvious thing to do given the rest of the share is mix it into some garlicky mash potatoes.  But here is another simple one that I like is here, just sauted


One week after this.  Also goodies like more carrots and parnips and I think broccoli.  I say I think cause this cold weather (which is actually just normal, we just haven't had normal in a few years) are making it slow.  Still, I think it will be there.

In any case, see you then.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home